Custom-built system configurations to match specific inspection requirements
When there is no X-ray and CT system available that suits your organization’s specific requirements, Nikon Metrology can develop a custom-built system. CT specialists from Nikon Metrology build complete systems, configured with customer-specific inspection cabinet, manipulator, detectors, software features, etc.
- Open-tube, vacuum demountable systems from 100kV to 450kV
- Supplied with high frequency generator, vacuum system and a choice of either manual or computer control.
- Open tube technology giving low through-life cost
- Rotating targets for some sources to increase X-ray flux by up to a factor of 5
- Extensive range of rod anodes available
Flat panels & Imagers
- Perkin Elmer Panels (16 bit), both small and large, for high contrast applications
- Perkin Elmer 1620 Flat Panel Detector
- Perkin Elmer 1621 Flat Panel Detector
- Perkin Elmer 0820 Panel Scan
- Perkin Elmer 0820 Flat Panel Detector
- Curved Linear Diode Array (CLDA)
- Perkin Elmer 1621 Flat Panel Detector Combined 2D/3D with Curved Linear Diode Array (CLDA)
- Varian Panels (14 bit), both small and large, for high speed applications
- Varian 1313 Flat Panel Detector
- Varian 2520 Flat Panel Detector
- Image Intensifier plus camera combinations
Cabinets can vary in size from small footprint till complete 50-ton walk-in rooms. As such
All cabinets/installations are 100% radiation safe constructed and can be equipped with specific designed manipulators to facilitate scanning of the customer’s sample.
Custom sample manipulation is possible from high precision turntable to those able to take over 100kg and covering a range of sample sizes from about 1mm upwards
Categories: Computed Tomography
Applications: Powertrain Components, Wind turbines , Damage propagation in composite material, Implant research, Revealing mysteries of Antikythera Mechanism, Metallurgy, Plastic Manufacturing, Die and Mould Applications, Implants/ Protheses, Fabrics/Textiles, Unveiling mysteries of nature, Metal Manufacturing, Rocks/Minerals, Automated measurement, Gas turbine blades, Manual examination, Metal corrosion mechanisms, Automotive Components Inspection, Cracks and Failure Analysis, Aircraft Component Inspection